Thursday 19 May 2016

Rama and Lakshmana saved

The vanaras were grieving for Rama and Lakshmana. All heroes sat there wondering what to do. Sugriva said they would take Rama and Lakshmana somehow to Kishkindha andsee if there were medicines available to treat them.
Vibhishana heard the crying noises. He was not sure what had happened. He came out to see. Seeing Vibhishana, the vanaras thought Indrajit was coming again and they started fleeing. Angada stopped them while both Indrajit and Vibhishana looked similar, this was Vibhishana who was coming there.

Vibhishana started grieving saying Rama and Lakshmana.

Rama slowly said - Vibhishana do not grieve. Sugriva, you return to Kishkindya with your army. Take care of Angada, whose father was killed by me. Hanumana - you go to Ayodhya and inform Bharata about my condition. Go to Kaushalya and Kaikeyi and give them my news. Sita will remain captive. Please also tell mother Sumitra about my position. Lakshmana, my dear brother, is senseless, bound by the snakes.

In the heavens, Indra was worried. He said to Vayu, Ravana's son had defeated me and that is how he got the name Indrajit. He has bound Rama and Lakshmana. They both are losing their breath slowly. Go to them. Tell Rama to think of Garuda. Garuda will be able to free them.

Vayu went there as a gentle breeze and asked Rama to think of Garuda, the vehicle of Vishnu. Rama thought of Garuda.

In the island, Kushdwipa, Garuda was having a meal of pythons when he felt someone was calling him. He got ready leaving the meal aside. He rose to the sky and started flapping his wings. So great was the force, that trees started falling down. The creatures, large and small, started hiding afraid of Garuda.

Garuda went where Rama and Lakshmana were. Feeling Garuda's breath, the snakes binding Rama and Lakshmana fled. Garuda then gently rubbed Rama and Lakshmana's bodies. Rama and Lakshmana regained consciousness.

Rama said you have done a great favor to me, by granting me my life.

Garuda said I am your servant. I have done my duty. You are none other than Vishnu and I am here to serve you.

Rama said Ask for something.

Garuda said I want to see you in the form of Krishna. The form playing a flute, adorned with flowers on the body. The body bent to one side. Wearing yellow garments and having earring shaped like a makara (half elephant, half fish).

Rama said In middle of a battle field how will I take the form of Krishna. What will the vanaras think?

Garuda said, No one will see a thing. I will form a hut with my wings and in that you will show yourself to me as Krishna.

Garuda created a shelter with his wings, and there Rama changed to Krishna.

Hanumana was wondering what was happening. He then saw Rama change into Krishna.
He did not like that and said he would take revenge on Garuda for this, for getting Rama to change into Krishna. When Krishna is born, I will then get my revenge.

Hearing this Garuda smiled and flew off. Rama was back in his original shape. Lakshmana then got up. The wind coming from his wings, revived all the fallen vanaras.

Vanaras started shouting cries of Victory.

Ravana was sleeping when he heard this. He got up and went to see what was happening. He was surprised to see Lakshmana standing guard. How could someone escape from the snake weapon? Now Lanka was doomed.

He called a warrior called Dhumraksha and asked him to get ready and go to the battlefield. A pious person, he saw many ill omens while going for the battle. Ignoring those, he proceeded further and entered the  field.

No comments:

Post a Comment