Monday 9 May 2016

Vibhishana leaves Lanka

Rama said he not seen anyone as great as Hanumana. I am not sure what to give you now. Come to me and hug me.  Saying this, Rama extended his hands.

Hanumana guided Rama and others towards the ocean. The chattering of the vanaras could be heard everywhere. Soon they were in front of the ocean. They made small huts with leaves and branches of trees and started living there.

In Lanka, Ravana's mother, Nikasha, sensed that things were not right. She went to Vibhishana. She said You are the righteous one. Ravana is living a life he has earned from pleasing the Gods, Now, he will destroy everything by having forcibly captured Sita. He is not realizing what he has done. I do not wish to live here anymore. See if you can talk some sense to Ravana.

Vibhishana, accompanied with some of his friends went to Ravana. He said All was well till you got Sita here. I have been having nightmares. I see vultures flying around. I hear the howling of foxes. I see a old dark woman looking at Lanka.

Ravana refused to listen to this. What could Rama and a group of vanaras do. He called his ministers and asked them for advise. He asked them how would he able to kill Rama.

The ministers asked the king not to worry. They said they would think of a way to get rid of Rama and the vanaras. They were armed with great weapons and that would be put to good use. They said they were waiting for a signal from Ravana to start a war and kill Rama and Lakshmana.

Vibhishana asked them to be quiet. Send Sita back. All will be peaceful. Lanka will be saved.

Ravana became angry. You talk as if you are elder than me. You talk as if I am a sinner and you are the good one. I do not wish to have a person here, who is scared of humans.

Vibhishana tried again. You are not recognizing divinity and purposely have closed your eyes. You are acting like the blind who cannot distinguish between a stone and a gem. I still say, Do not waste your time. Return Sita. This beautiful land will be saved. I am speaking for your good. When a rogue elephant enters the forest he destroys everything in its path. He also takes with him the domesticated elephants.

Ravana could not stand all this. He stood up. I have captured the Gods and till date not one single person had the guts to speak to me thus.
Ravana jumped down from his throne and kicked Vibhishana on his chest.

Prahastha, a minister of Ravana, caught Ravana and made his sit. he made Vibhishana and his four ministers sit.

Vibhishana said He was not hurt because of Ravana's behavior. You are blinded by luxury. I am leaving Lanka. I am sad as the entire dynasty will be destroyed because of you.

Ravana said I know of people who cannot stand the prosperity of others. You are jealous as I have conquered the Gods. Leave Lanka and Go. Leave us in peace. Go and live with my enemy and be known as a traitor.

Vibhishana said Whatever I had said was for your good. I am leaving you. It is only because you are elder to me, I have tolerated you. I am going to Rama. If there is anyone who wants to join me, please come along with me.

Vibhishana took leave of Ravana, and taking the path in the sky went in the direction of his mother. Four of his friends, Anil, Anal, Bhim and Sampati, who were sons of Mali, decided to go along.

Vibhishana went to his mother. He told her what had happened and took leave off her. He then went to Sarama, his wife. He told her he was going to Rama to seek his refuge. Be with Sita. Take care of her.

Saying this, Vibhishana left Lanka. 

No comments:

Post a Comment