Friday 8 July 2016

Ravana and Mandodari grieve

Indrajit had died in the morning but Ravana had not been informed. The messengers were afraid of facing him. It was noon and a messenger taking courage went to Ravana and said that Indrajit had died.

Ravana fell from his throne. All the courtiers came rushing and tried to revive the king. Coming to his senses, Ravana started crying. Where have you gone Indrajit, son of Ravana and Mandodari. You had conquered the Gods and a human was able to kill you. All this happened because of Vibhishana. If I am alive after my war with Rama, I will cut Vibhishana to pieces.

Mandodari heard of the death of her son. She fainted. People tried to review her by pouring water on her head. Some held their fingers near her nose to see if she was alive. Coming to her sense, Mandodari started grieving. I got you, my son, after praying to Shiva. What have I to live for now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment