Tuesday 12 July 2016

Ravana tells Kalnemi to go to Gandhamadana

Ravana sent for Kalnemi, a demon. Kalnemi was related to Ravana. Ravana said - Hanumana is going to Gandhamadana to get medice for Lakshmana. if he goes there and gets the medicine before the sun rises, Lakshmana will live, else he will will die. I need you to go to the mountain and stop Hanumana. You are an expert in magic. Do something to prevent Hanumana from coming back before dawn. If Hanumana dies, I will give you half the kingdom of Lanka.

Kalnemi said Hanumana is very clever. If he sees me, he will kill me. Tell me how I should approach him.
Ravana said You will think of a way, I trust you. I will tell you this. I know the mountain very well. There is a stream in which resides a crocodile. No one touches the water of the stream, fearing the crocodile. Hanumana does not know Gandhamadana well. Find an excuse and send Hanumana in the waters. Take up the guise of a sage. Sit there. When Hanumana comes there. Ask him to have a bath in the stream and then come to you. Hanumana will get killed by the crocodile and that will be the end of Lakshmana and thereby Rama.

Kalnemi said I will be inviting my death by going close to Hanumana. Have you forgotten that you got slapped by him and fell off your chariot. You are sending me to my death.

Ravana started getting angry. Kalnemi said it is one and the same for me. I die either in your hands or Hanumana's hand.

Kalnemi was strange to look at, with eight hands and four heads. Taking the guise of a sage, Kalnemi went to Gandhamadana and set up his ashrama there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment