Monday 11 July 2016

Hanumana gets ready

Rama rushed back and took Lakshmana's head on his lap. He started looking at others for help.
He said Lakshmana is a part of me. Without Lakshmana I am nothing. I will not return back to Ayodhya. I came to the forest on my father's word and this is what has happened.

The Gods in the heaven said - Do not grieve Rama, Lakshmana will live.

Rama said to Sushena - Please help my brother.

Sushena said Lakshmana still has some life in him. Please send Hanumana to get the medicine. With that, I will bring Lakshmana back to life.

Rama said I am in no position to do any thing, you please tell Hanumana.

Sushena then said to Hanumana - Please get the medicine for Lakshmana. Go to the mountain called Gandhamadana. There is the medicine called Vishalyakarani. The mountain has nine peaks. One one peak live Shiva. One the second peak lives the Sun. Third peak is the abode of the Gandharvas. Fouth peak has Sal trees. Fifth peak has lions and tigers. The sixth peak has a river flowing. One the banks of the river are the medicinal trees with blue flowers and yellow leaves, The branches are red in color and it has golden colored vines. Get that for me. This has to be brought before the sun rises. Beware of the Gandharvas HaHa and HuHu who live there.

Rama said this will take years, how will Hanumana come back before dawn.

Hanumana said Do not worry, I will go and get the medicine before the night ends.

Saying this, Hanumana got ready. He folded his ears and using his tail for balancing, jumped into the sky. He increased his size to twenty yojanas and sped on.

Ravana saw this. He knew Hanumana was going for the medicine to revive Lakshmana. He needed to foil Hanumana's attempt.

No comments:

Post a Comment