Sunday 6 November 2016

Bharata falls

Lava waited and watched Kusha fight Bharata. He thought Kusha is fighting well but he has become proud, having defeated Shatrughna. I will go to him, only when he needs help.

Kusha and Bharata were having a fierce battle. Kusha finished off the army of Bharata. Only seven soldiers were left. They asked Bharata to surrender and flee.
Bharata said A Kshatriya does not flee. Pointing to Kusha, he said See my soldiers want to run.
Kusha said let them go and inform Rama. Maybe Rama will come and fight.
Bharata said I am seeing Rama in you. If I loose today I will not be offended. You have the same skill and strength as Rama.
Kusha said You talk about Rama. What will he do when you fall in battle. If Rama defeats us that will be a blotch in our names. If I leave you, Lava will laugh at me.
Bharata said You talk of Lava. he will not be able to escape from Lakshmana.
Hearing this Lava came and said Lakshmana has fallen long back.

A battle started between Kusha and Bharata. Kusha cut off all arrows fired by Bharata and then finally he invoked an arrow. The arrow pierced Bharata. Bharata fell.

Lava went and embraced Kusha. They went to the nearby river and washed off the blood from their bodies. Changing their clothes, they went to their mother.

Sita said I was worried about you. What happened?
The brothers said The kings that had come hunting are gone now.

The soldiers who had escaped went to Rama and told him about the fall of Lakshmana and Bharata.

Rama fainted. Coming to his senses, he had tears in his eyes.

Sugriva said There is no point in grieving. We should go and fight.

Rama said That is well said. What is the point in me being here when my brothers lie in battlefield.

Getting a huge army ready, Rama started for battle.

No comments:

Post a Comment