Thursday 10 November 2016

Sita enters the nether world

It was a month when the song finished. Rama said - I want to know about you, Who are you?
The boys said We do not know who our father is. Our mother is Sita and we are disciples of Valmiki.

Rama hugged the boys with tears in his eyes. He said Why did I ask Sita to leave Ayodhya? O sage Valmiki, You know all and still do not tell me. Please prove Sita's purity and get her home.

People came rushing. They wanted to see Sita prove her purity.

Kaushalya, Kaikeyi and Sumitra came there. They asked Rama not to Sita's test again. Once was enough.

Rama said If Sita does not prove herself, the people will talk.

He said to Valmiki - Please go to your ashrama. Sumantra will come with the chariot to fetch Sita.

Valmiki left with Sumantra. Sita wanted to know how Rama had greeted his sons. Valmiki told Sita all that had happened and said She had been asked to give a test again.

Sita took leave off all the people in the ashrama and started for Ayodhya.
Sita slowly entered the court of Rama and touched the feet of Rama.

Valmiki said - I am the son of Chavana and go with the name Valmiki. I know and can vouch for Sita's purity. Do not test Sita. Take her home with your sons.

With folded hands, Rama said I know Sita very well and know about her purity. She went through fire in the presence of the Gods. Do not say anything O sage. Let Sita prove herself again in the court.
To Sita - Rama said, Let Ayodhya see your test once again.

Sita said slowly - I will enter the fire once again. You heard the Gods and brought me back, I lived for years in the abode of a sage and there were days when I went hungry. You still want me to go through the test.? Brahma and your departed father spoke about me to you but you still want me to prove myself. I do not want to live anymore and will enter the nether world. Be my husband in all my lives.

Sita said to the earth - Mother, help this unfortunate daughter of yours.

When Sita said this, the earth split up. A golden throne came up. Mother earth called out to Sita. Sita jumped on the throne.

Rama tried to catch Sita but what he got in his hand was a lock of her hair.

Sita once she was inside the earth, shed the body and as Lakshmi, went back to wait for Rama to come back as Vishnu.  

No comments:

Post a Comment