Monday 7 November 2016

Rama comes to fight

Rama with his army reached the ashrama. Rama saw his brothers lying on the ground.
Lava and Kushan heard the noise of the army approaching. They realized Rama was coming and were eager to fight and defeat Rama.
Sita heard the noise and wondered what this was. Sita said I ask you to be careful. I have you two only in my life. If something happens to you, I will not be alive. Do not pick up battles when you do not have to.
The brothers told Sita to go inside and told her not to worry. They then went and changed their dress and picked by their bows and arrows.
The people were amazed to see three Ramas facing each other.
The wise ones said Sita was five months pregnant and Lakshaman had left her in this forest.
Rama thought the same and wondered if they were his sons.

Rama went to the boys and said I am the son of Dashratha. I am amazed to see you two. You look like me, walk like me and have similar weapons like me. Tell me who are you? Are you my sons?

The brothers were quiet. They did not know who their father was. They decided they will go and ask about their father later.

They said Where have you heard that sons fight their father? Are you scared and trying to please us?
Rama said I have big warriors with me and a huge army. Will you alone be able to fight me? When you fall in battle, people will say I killed two boys. Choose whom you want to fight.

Lava said to Kusha - Let us first destroy the army of Rama.
Lava and Kusha started their battle. The horses and elephants were first killed. The rakshasas and vanaras then attacked.
Lava said to Kusha See these vanaras, bears and rakshasas coming to fight us.
They started shooting arrows.

Soon most of the vanaras and rakshasas had fallen.
Lifting a mountain, Sugriva attacked. The brothers cut off the mountain with an arrow, and with another arrow, Sugriva fell. Angada jumped at the brothers but an arrow cut his hourney and he too fell.
Hanumana then attacked with a mountain but an arrow cut off the mountain. Another arrow hit Hanumana and he fell on the ground senseless.
Seeing Hanumana fall, the vanaras started fleeing.

Rama was amazed. he had come with a huge army and now only a handful of people were left.

Lava and Kusha said You army has left you. Most are dead and the remaining have fled.

Rama said I am there and will kill you two. I still fell you are my sons and that is why you are able to display such skills.

The brothers said Do not address us as your sons and thus make us weak. We will fight you.

Rama started shooting arrows. The sky became dark. Not sure what to do, the brothers fled from there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment