Friday 3 June 2016

Kumbhakarna meets Ravana

Ravana greeted Kumbhakarna. Kumbhakarna said - Whom do you fear? Let me know and I will kill your enemy.
Ravana said What do you know of the problems that Lanka has been facing, while you kept sleeping. We are three brothers and one sister. When our sister was widowed, she wanted to live independently in the forests and I let her. I had kept her in a forest on the other side of the ocean, and had sent Khara and Dushana to be with her, for her protection and safety.
In Ayodhya, Dashratha had four sons, of whom the eldest was Rama. Dashratha gave the throne to Bharata and drove away Rama.
When Rama and Lakshmana saw Surpanakha plucking flowers, they cut off her nose and ears. Rama killed Khara and Dushana when they came to help Surpanakha.
When Surpanakha came cried in front of me, I did not know what to do. I went and brought over Rama's wife.

Rama got help from Sugriva, brother of Vali and has come and attacked Lanka. There is an old bear with them who keeps telling them what to do.

They have built a bridge over the ocean using trees and rocks.

On the western gate, they have setup came and many great rakshasha warriors have been killed.

Kumbhakarna said - I do not think Rama and Lakshmana are ordinary people. I feel that they are Narayana, in the guise of humans.

Ravana said - If this was Narayana, why were they roaming in the forests?

Kumbhakarna said - Maybe they are ascetics.

Ravana said - Then why are they are here and not in a pilgrimage?

Kumbhakarna said - Maybe because they are born in a royal family.

Ravana said - Then why the matted hair of their heads?

Kumbhakarna said - Maybe Rama is hunting.

Ravana said - Then does Rama have the sacred thread around his shoulder.

Kumbhakarna said - Maybe he is a celibate.

Ravana said - Then does Rama have a woman with him?

Ravana said - What is Rama's greatness? He goes to a low caste person, if he is called. He created his matted hair, by applying sap of trees in his hair. What Indra and other Gods did not dare, Rama did. He entered Lanka. He crossed the mighty ocean, bridging it.

Vibhishana went joined Rama. All told me to return Sita. If I do that, all will laugh.

Kumbhakarna said - You do not have able ministers in your court. Sugriva is no less in strength, than Vali. You have been misguided and have acted in a manner which is not correct.

Ravana was furious when he heard this. He said - All you do is sleep, while I fight my wars. You can give me advice, but can you fight my battle for me?

Kumbhakarna said - Vibhishana had advised you well, but you did not listen. I am there. I will fight for you. I will kill Rama for you and get you his head.

Saying this, Kumbhakarna went to get ready for battle.

No comments:

Post a Comment