Saturday 25 June 2016

Taranisen prepares for war

Ravana could not believe his ears when he heard off the death of Makaraksha. What kind of enemy was this ? All great heroes who had gone to war, had gone but not come back alive. Whom to send now?

Ravana thought of Taranisen. He sent for Taranisen. When the prince came, Ravana said - Please save Lanka. Your father, Vibhishana, advised me, telling me what to do. My ego came in way, and I refused to listen to him. I kicked him and he left and took refuge with Rama. You are his son, but you have stayed back in Lanka. Help Lanka.

Taranisen said You are one who has conquered the three worlds. One should say ill of ones parents.

Ravana said You are a brave warrior. Go and win the battle.

Taranisen said He would what was best. The war was not the time to talk about good and bad. It was the time for action.

Ravana was pleased with words of Tarani. Ravana personally decked Tarani. A grand chariot was brought and decked up.

Tarani then went to Sarama, his mother. He said to her- Mother, the king has asked me to go to battle. I will now get a chance to see Narayana. I will get to see father and touch his feet. Please permit me to go.

Sarama was shocked to hear this. She said - I will not allow you to go into this battle. I will take you with me and leave Lanka. Let Ravana stay with his Lanka. Your father is a just person which is why he left Lanka to serve Rama. You to Rama and serve Him, who is none other than Narayana. Rama will ensure that not one single person is left alive in Lanka. You, yourself are well versed and learned. How can you talk of going to fight Rama.

Hearing his mother's words, Tarani said, Mother, I know that Rama in none other than Vishnu. Even then I will fight Rama. If I die in Rama's hands, it will be a place in heaven for me. And Mother, who can kill whom, when all we see around us are different forms of Vishnu.Do not grieve over death. I have heard from father, that the body is nothing but a shell. Rama will not kill me, if he knows I am a son of Vibhishana. If I am alive, I will come and greet you again.

The learned Sarama tried to control her tears.

Tarani took leave of his mother and decided to leave for battle. He wrote the name of Rama all over his body. He engraved the name of Rama on tablets made from the mud taken from Ganga, and had that stuck all over his chariot. Taking his bow in his hand, Tarani came out and reached the western gate.


No comments:

Post a Comment