Sunday 4 September 2016

Mandodari curses Sita

Rama then asked Hanumana to give Sita the news of the death of Ravana and to fetch her.
Hanumana entered the city and the rakshasas wondered who was the unfortunate one, who would die in Hanumana's hands.

Hanumana went to the Ashoka garden and bowed down before Sita with folded hands. He said - The one who had tormented you, is dead. I have been sent by Rama to give you this news.

Sita was elated. She kept quiet.

Hanumana said - Mother, why do you not reply? Say something.

Sita said - The news that you have given me has given me such great amount of joy, that I am speechless. I have nothing to reward you with.

Hanumana said , Mother, if you really want to reward me, then please let me kill these female guards who were with you all the time, mentally torturing you.

The rakshasis fearing their lives, appealed to Sita to save them.

Sita said to Hanumana - You are a learned person. This kind of behavior does not befit you. You will get the sin of killing women. Also, till Ravana was alive, they did torment me, but now they serve me, Ravana is no more.

Hanumana went to Rama and told him about his meeting with Sita. He said Sita was very frail and had been reduced to skin and bones.

Rama then asked Vibhishana to fetch Sita.

Vibhishana went to Sita and with folded hands asked her to climb onto the golden palanquin that he had brought, to take her to Rama.

Sita said she wanted to go the way she was, but Vibhishana requested his wife to prepare Sita.

Sarama, Vibhishana's wife, came with ornaments and clothes. They bathed and decked up Sita. Sita then sat in the palanquin.

All the rakshasas came out to see Sita and her beauty.

Mandodari came towards Sita. She said It is because of you that I lost my husband and sons. You are lost in the thoughts of Rama. This joy is short lived. Rama will not look towards you. If I am pure at heart, this will come true. 

No comments:

Post a Comment