Monday 28 March 2016

Sita rebukes Lakshmana

Sita heard the voice of Rama calling for help. She asked Lakshmana to go and help Rama. He is calling out and seems to be in pain. Go fast and help your brother.
Lakshmana said Rama would soon be back. Do not fear for Rama.This is not Rama but someone lese. Do not fear for Rama, Mother, as there is no one who can hurt or harm Rama. Even if Rama is hurt, he will not shout for help. Also it is not safe to leave you alone in the hut.

Sita refused to listen. She started hitting her head. She said : A step brother is never one's own. It seems you have intentions towards me. Bharata took the throne, now you are here to take the wife. You may have made a truce with Bharata. Liten then, if ever I feel my mind is swaying towards someone other than Rama, I will kill myself at that instant.

With no ill will, Lakshmana said Let all be witness. I have no evil intentions.

Sita would not listen and said I will kill myself and you will be responsible for that.

Lakshmana then went outside the hut and drew a circle around the hut. He then said : Do not say anything harsh anymore. Also, do not step outside this circle.

Sita was in tears. Lakshmana then left in search of Rama.

Ravana seeing this as an opportunity, He took the guise of a beggar and went towards Sita's hut.


No comments:

Post a Comment